Find Your Job
Vice President of Automotive Logistics in Arlington, TX at EchoPark Automotive
Date Posted: 8/27/2021
Arlington, TX 76018
EchoPark Automotive is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
Primary Purpose: To direct the logistical movement of all EchoPark inventory and ensure the optimal performance and cost for both auction transportation and inter-store transfers. Direct the evolution of highly effective management systems and data driven performance. Train, develop, manage and motivate a growing team.
Measures of Success
· Ability to effectively build and manage a logistics strategy that meets or exceeds company cycle times, accuracy, aging, quality, and cost targets while providing consistent and sustainable service to all EchoPark locations.
· Ability to ensure that inter-store transfers meet or exceed customer expectations and commitments.
· Develop and maintain a culture of accountability driven by rigorous proactive team-based learning and game-filming.
· Ability to consistently drive and manage performance of key outside vendors.
· Contribution to the development of the company business plan and inventory/logistics strategies and systems.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Develop, Improve, Operate, and Scale Auction and Inter-Store Logistics
· Build and improve systems, technology, processes and people for auction and store-level logistics operations in-line with company’s rapid growth.
· Develop and manage on-site central teams and staff dispersed at each location to manage inter-store vehicle transfers.
· Deconflict store-level friction and ensure that the cosmetic and mechanical quality of each vehicle meets EchoPark standards before transfer.
· Report weekly, monthly, and quarterly on Logistics strategy and performance and recommend required adjustments to achieve Company sales, expense, gross profit, and quality targets.
· Drive continuous improvement of technology, transportation management systems, processes, and people management.
· Manage key outside vendors and “look forward” to identify friction and develop key relationships with new partnerships to enhance EchoPark’s logistics capabilities and performance.
· “Clear the Path” to remove obstacles and enable teams to be successful and achieve Company objectives.
· Proactively identify methods to control or lower transportations costs while achieving or exceeding Company key performance indicators and risk management policies.
Recruit, Develop, and Lead the Team
· Recruit and retain talent to achieve company growth targets and key performance indicators.
· Construct and implement development programs to drive continuous performance improvement. Support and drive a team environment where people are engaged in continuous daily learning and rigorous game-filming.
· Cultivate and lead an energized environment with strong accountability to drive consistent sustained performance. Operate a positive and collaborative culture that fosters success and high levels of communication.
· Scale a cohesive team that lives and embraces the EchoPark culture and tackles business problems as a team.
Cultivate and Manage Vehicle Sourcing and Logistics Partnerships
· Artfully identify transportation vendors, partnerships, and technology.
· Develop and grow relationships with key logistics partners.
· Implement strong accountability with vendors balancing transportation speed with cost and aging.
· Implement strict cost control programs.
Ideal Candidate Profile
· Proven career path in nationwide automotive logistics leadership role, culminating in successful senior level logistics leadership experience. Experience in the automotive industry required. Rising star career stage. Critical mass of logistics experience.
· Proven experience leading in a fast-paced and high-change growth environment.
· Proven track record of people management and developing/retaining top talent. Experienced in assessing and improving people performance through effective coaching and high levels of accountability.
· Excellent written and oral executive communication skills. Senior leader with high energy, high standards, and executive presence.
· Leads by example, constantly challenges people in a positive constructive way, and open to learning.