Find Your Job
Automotive Accounting Specialist in Roseville, CA at EchoPark Automotive
Date Posted: 11/17/2022
Roseville, CA 95661
EchoPark Automotive is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
EchoPark Automotive in Roseville, CA is looking for an automotive Accounting Specialist.
Primary Purpose: This position exists to be a liaison between the dealership and Shared Services Center, as well as support daily operations of the business.
Measures of Success:
- Ability to embrace and live EchoPark’s 5 Core Values of Take Ownership, Be Transparent, Take the High Road, Learn to Earn, and Celebrate Small Successes.
- Ability to review car deals timely and accurately while communicating directly with the finance team.
- Ability to perform balance sheet and expense reconciliations and analysis.
- Notary preferred
Accounting Specialist Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Car Deal review and submission to Shared Services Center for posting.
- Submit requests for Lien payoffs and follow up with lien holders.
- Post daily bank deposits and review General Ledger account activity.
- Review vendor statements.
Month-End Close Process:
- Review car deals and work with finance team for posting on day 1.
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations and journal entry postings.
Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Other Accounting Responsibilities:
- Assist with SOX controls including:
- Monthly invoice reviews
- Month-end bank activity analysis
- Support quarterly and annual audit efforts by performing research and providing documentation as appropriate.
- Strong general accounting knowledge
- Notary perferred
- Well versed in using MS Excel
- Commitment to financial prudence and accounting diligence
- A history of success in a team environment
- Ability to utilize technology and programs to drive efficiency and stay current with our technology training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (email, web, phone, in-person)
- Strong, creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and think critically to identify improvement opportunities
- Ability to take ownership of the details – large and small
- Decision making that demonstrates good judgment
- Clean motor vehicle record and criminal background record